Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Joe Pasquariello is a partner and heads the Corporate Restructuring Group at Goodmans, which is consistently and widely recognized as Canada’s best and leading corporate restructuring practice.
Joe practises in the areas of commercial insolvency, restructuring, bankruptcy, insolvency litigation and financial services. He has represented a wide range of parties as bankruptcy and insolvency litigation counsel.
His roles have included assisting debtors, creditors, monitors, receivers, trustees and potential purchasers in bankruptcy and insolvency matters. Joe has acted for key parties in many high-profile, complex domestic, cross-border and international restructurings and financings.
Joe’s representative work over the past few years includes acting for:
- the ad hoc committee of secured lenders of Cirque du Soleil in connection with their provision of interim financing and a successful credit bid valued at US$1.2 billion in the contentious cross-border insolvency proceedings of Cirque
- the ad hoc term lenders of Tailored Brands Group in connection with the group’s US$1.4 billion refinancing and restructuring under Chapter 11 and CCAA proceedings
- the ad hoc group of first lien lenders of Skillsoft in connection with its US$2.1 billion refinancing and restructuring under Chapter 11 and CCAA proceedings
- the Court-appointed Monitor of Nortel Canada, in all aspects of the international insolvency proceedings of the Nortel Group, including the first ever cross-border insolvency trial and the negotiation and implementation of a wide-ranging US$7.2 billion global settlement and co-ordinated plans of arrangement under the CCAA and Chapter 11
- the ad hoc committee of lenders and shareholders of the Catalyst Paper Corporation group of companies in connection with the group’s $1 billion restructuring and CBCA proceedings
- the ad hoc committee of first lien lenders to the Savers/Value Village group of companies in connection with the group’s US$1 billion refinancing and restructuring
- the Court-appointed Monitor of ILTA Grain in connection with all aspects of its CCAA proceedings including the court supervised sale of its businesses and assets
- Carillion plc in the CCAA proceedings of its subsidiary, Carillion Canada
- Calpine Canada Energy and affiliates in a $5.7 billion cross-border restructuring and global settlement plan under CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings
- the ad hoc committee of bondholders of Quebecor World Inc. in connection with the company’s restructuring of US$2.24 billion of debt under CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings
Joe has been recognized as a leading insolvency and restructuring lawyer by Chambers Global and Chambers Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, Lawdragon 500 Leading Global Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyers, Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers in Banking, Financial and Transactional Law (Insolvency and Restructuring), IFLR 1000, Who’s Who Legal Canada and The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Joe is also recognized by Lexpert as one of Canada’s Leading Litigation Lawyers. Earlier in his career, Joe was honoured as one of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 lawyers by Lexpert.
Joe is highly praised by his clients and peers and is described as:
- “a phenomenal lawyer” who is “very smart and very practical”
- having “expert transaction capabilities which are complemented by additional strength in litigation”
- “well balanced between tough and practical; very quick on his feet”
Joe has chaired seminars, authored articles, participated on panels and delivered speeches on insolvency-related issues for the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Bar Association, the Insolvency Institute of Canada, the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, the Canadian Insolvency Practitioners Association, the Canadian IT Law Association, the International Association of Deposit Insurers and Osgoode Hall Law School.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 1994)
International Insolvency Institute