Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Kyle Gerow is an associate in the Banking and Finance Law group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on debt finance and corporate transactions, with an emphasis on corporate lending, acquisition finance, construction loans, real estate finance, distressed debt, corporate restructurings, derivatives and complex regulatory matters. Kyle has particular experience advising clients in the mining and natural resources sectors.
Kyle’s representative work includes acting for:
- Penfund Capital in connection with its $100 million second lien credit facility to Goodlife Fitness
- Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in their financing of Resolve-Class Naval Support Ship, m/v Asterix
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the provision of acquisition and operating credit facilities to major Canadian REIT
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a $1 billion senior revolving credit facility to bcIMC Realty Corporation
- a consortium of private equity firms (as mezzanine lenders) in connection with Stoneway Capital Corporation’s restructuring
- Syndicates of bilateral lenders in connection with revolving operating facilities provided to various Brookfield platforms
- Onex Corporation in connection with the financing of its acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for $5 billion
- Whitehorse Liquidity Partners in connection with its capital structure and credit facilities
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in connection with its US$950 million credit facilities with a syndicate of lenders led by Citibank, N.A.
- Cineplex Inc. in connection with its $800 million credit facilities with a syndicate of lenders led by the Bank of Nova Scotia
- Postmedia Network Inc. in connection with its recapitalization and restructuring under the CBCA and related credit facilities
- Atlantic Power in connection with its $900 million credit facilities with a syndicate of lenders led by Goldman Sachs
Mining and Natural Resources
- Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with its US$1.3 billion stream financing transaction with First Quantum Minerals Ltd. in respect of its Cobre Panama project
- Trinity Capital Partners Corporation in connection with the US$125 million financing of the Camino Rojo oxide gold project in Mexico
- Ganfeng Lithium in connection with the US$355 million financing of the Cauchari-Olaroz lithium project in Argentina
- Gramercy Funds Management in connection with its various investments in Banro Corporation
- Mandalay Resources in connection with US$40 million HSBC credit facilities
Kyle has co-authored a number of articles in the area of banking and finance, including, most recently, the Canada chapter of the seventh edition of Law Business Research Ltd.’s The Lending and Secured Finance Review.
Kyle is recognized in the inaugural 2022 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada for banking and finance law.
|Education|| University of Toronto (J.D., 2015)
London School of Economics and Political Science (M.Sc., 2012)
Wilfrid Laurier University (B.A. with Distinction, 2011)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||