Mario Di Fiore
Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Mario Di Fiore is a partner in a business law group and Co-Chair of the Hospitality Group at Goodmans. Mario’s practice focuses on the hotel and leisure industry and on the negotiation and implementation of acquisition, related structuring, financing and management, franchise and operational agreements, in which he has extensive experience.
He has represented a number of hotel owners and operators in their arrangements involving the development, acquisition, financing, operation and management of hotels, resorts and mixed-use projects in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Caribbean.
Mario’s representative work includes acting for:
- Auberge Resorts Collection in transactions relating to the following properties: Bishop’s Lodge, The Lodge at Blue Sky, Mauna Lani, Vanderbilt, White Barn Inn, Mayflower, The Hearst (San Francisco), Primland, Stanly Ranch, Etereo (Riviera Maya), Susurros del Corazon (Punta de Mita), Altagracia (Costa Rica) and Florence
- Auberge in connection with its strategic partnership with the Libra Group and the related expansion of the Auberge Resorts Collection portfolio
- InnVest Hotels LP in connection with the negotiation of management and operational agreements for the Marriott Ottawa Hotel
- Holloway Lodging Corporation in connection with the expansion of its management platform for third party-owned hotels
- Leadon Investment in connection with the acquisition of the SilverBirch Hotel Portfolio from a Canadian pension fund manager for $1 billion
- Thayer Lodging (Brookfield Hotel Properties) in connection with its purchase of the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel from Marriott International
- Bvlgari S.p.A. in the formation of a $1 billion joint venture with Marriott International to form Bvlgari Hotels and Resorts
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in connection with its managed properties in Toronto, Montreal, New York, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Bogota, Colombia, Hvar, Croatia, Paris, France, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and Tianjin, China
Mario has also been involved in transactions relating to The Ritz-Carlton Toronto, Le Germain at Maple Leaf Square, Toronto, Le Germain Hotel Calgary and Thompson Hotel, Toronto.
Mario is the only lawyer ranked Band 1 (the highest ranking) for hospitality by Chambers Canada in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Chambers comments that he is “highly esteemed as a leader in the hospitality sector, with his very strong practice receiving widespread recognition”. Clients highlight his “very good grasp of hotel businesses and co-operative approach”.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 1990)
Law Society of Ontario