Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Mark Blidner serves as counsel in the Municipal, Planning and Property Tax Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on property assessment and municipal taxation.
Mark has become one of Canada's leading authorities on property tax law. He advises developers, financial institutions, commercial, industrial and multi-residential landowners and tenants, and governmental agencies on challenges to property assessments, realty tax allocations and the impact of property tax reform.
Mark’s representative work includes acting for property developers and landowners, including:
- reviewing and appealing property tax assessments on portfolios of commercial, industrial and/or multi-residential properties for H&R REIT, Medallion Corporation, Pinedale Properties Limited, Davpart Inc., Zolty Holdings, O’Shanter Development Co. Ltd., Parkway Realty Limited, Virtus Property Management Corporation
- reviewing and appealing property tax assessments for hotel portfolio clients, including Group Accor, Canadian Niagara Hotel Group, Lais Hotels (Niagara-on-the-Lake)
- advising on assessment methodology and property tax appeals for the Mirvish Group for its Toronto portfolio of theatres
- advising Home Depot on assessment methodology and appeals for its portfolio of big box stores
- advising Nordstrom Canada on assessment/property taxation for its Ontario stores
- advising Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation on methodology and property tax appeals for its Ontario Casinos
- advising on methodology and assessment appeals/valuations for amusement and special use properties, such as Marineland and various Niagara Falls water park and amusement facilities
Mark has written and lectured extensively on property tax issues for the Canadian Institute, Insight, the Federated Press, the Toronto Real Estate Board, the International Council of Shopping Centers and Osgoode Hall Law School's Professional Development Program.
|Education|| University of Toronto (LL.B., 1976)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||