Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Money Khoromi is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction based with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities and general corporate law. Money often represents issuers, private companies and underwriters, with a focus on public offerings, private placements and mergers and acquisitions.
Money also assists companies with their corporate governance, regulatory compliance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Money’s representative work includes acting for:
- the issuer in numerous initial public offerings and/or follow-on public offerings, including those by Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., Minto Appartment REIT and Sienna Senior Living Inc.
- the underwriters in numerous initial public offerings and/or follow-on public offerings, including those by Cannabis Strategies AcquisitionCorp. and Vector REIT
Public and Private M&A
- Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc. in its acquisition by Onex Corporation by way of plan of arrangement
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in its acquisition of the services business of Carillion Canada
- Cannabis Strategies Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition corporation $125 million initial public offering of units and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the underwriter in connection with the Canaccord Genuity Corp.
- Fire & Flower Inc. in the completion of its qualifying transaction with Cinaport Acquisition Corp. II and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange in February 2019. Counsel to the syndicate of agents co-led by GMP Securities L.P. and Altacorp Capital Inc.
- the syndicate of agents co-led by GMP Securities L.P. and Altacorp Capital Inc, in connection with Fire & Flower Inc.’s brokered private placement of subscription receipts for gross proceeds of approximately $36.5 million
- counsel to the syndicate of agents co-led by AltaCorp Capital Inc. and GMP Securities L.P. in connection with Fire & Flower Inc.’s brokered private placement of convertible debentures for gross proceeds of approximately $28 million.
- a private confidential cannabis client in connection with its formation, acquisition of real property for the purposes of cultivation, regulatory advice and with a $15 million non-brokered private placement of common shares.
Money is a director on the board of directors of Renascent Foundation as well as the Chairman of its Real Estate Committee. Renascent Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that provides rehabilitation services, addiction treatment and education relating to alcohol and drug additions through a continuum of programs and services for individuals, families and organizations.
|Education|| Schulich School of Business (M.B.A., 2013)
Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2013)
University of Toronto (B.A.Sc., Industrial Engineering)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||