Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Roslyn Houser is a partner in the Municipal, Planning and Property Tax Group at Goodmans. She specializes in municipal law with her practice focusing on the full range of land development matters. Roslyn has handled residential and employment projects throughout southern Ontario and is currently involved with several city building projects for key downtown locations which will be served by new transportation hubs. She has also handled numerous large commercial planning matters for the private and public sectors, including large-scale shopping centres and commercial projects in a mixed-use urban format.
Roslyn appears frequently before the Ontario Land Tribunal (fomer Local Planning Appeal Tribunal) and municipal councils on behalf of both private and public sector clients.
Roslyn’s representative work includes:
Large Transit-Oriented Projects
- the new 60-acre Unilever employment precinct east of Toronto’s downtown
- 100 acres within the new mixed-use intensification project in the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre served by the recent extension of the Spadina subway line
Residential and Office Redevelopments in Toronto
- numerous condominium projects including Monde, X Condominium, and the Massey Tower
- Eaton Centre, Toronto-Dominion Centre Tower Five, Globe and Mail Centre
- shopping centre and power centre developments in Toronto, Vaughan, Markham, Kawartha Lakes, Milton, Aurora, Newmarket, Oshawa, Kingston, Ottawa, Brantford, London, Guelph, Windsor and Stratford
- Etobicoke, Scarborough, Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan, Newmarket, Peterborough, Kingston and Ottawa
- industrial developments in Vaughan, Scarborough, Brampton and Oakville
- residential subdivisions in Markham, Vaughan and high-rise intensification projects in Richmond Hill and Vaughan
- National Ballet School in Toronto
- Tom Patterson Theatre in Stratford
Roslyn has been recognized as a leading practitioner by The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory for property development and by Best Lawyers in Canada for municipal and real estate. Chambers Canada 2021 ranked Roslyn Band 1 in the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use and describes her as “smart and strategic" and a “very well known figure in the field” who enjoys an excellent reputation at the forefront of the market for her knowledge of planning and land use regulations.
Roslyn has lectured at the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association, Osgoode Hall Law School, the University of Toronto Faculty of Law, the Ontario Association of Architects and the Building Industry and Land Development Association. She has also published articles relating to the planning process.
|Education|| University of Toronto (LL.B, 1977)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||