Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tim Heeney is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. He advises both public and private businesses and investment funds on a wide variety of transactions as well as corporate and securities compliance and governance matters. His transactional work includes mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and restructurings of public companies.
Tim has also been involved in establishing private equity and venture capital funds as well as advising lead investors.
Tim’s representative work includes acting for:
- the special committee of Fairfax Africa on its strategic transaction with Helios
- Cineplex on its proposed sale to Cineworld Group
- Street Capital Group Inc. on its sale to RFA Capital Inc.
- Kensington Private Equity Fund on its sale of Prodomax Automation to Jenoptik
- KSL Capital and Henry Crown and Company on their acquisition of Intrawest Resorts
- Protenergy Natural Foods on its sale to TreeHouse Foods
- the underwriters of the initial public offering of Boat Rocker Media Inc.
- Morneau Shepell on its financing for its acquisition of Lifeworks
- Cineplex Inc. and Morneau Shepell Inc. on numerous public offerings
- restructurings of Bellatrix Exploration, Jupiter Resources, Concordia International, Pacific Exploration & Production, Millar Western Forest Products, Lightstream Resources, Connacher Oil and Gas, Armtec Infrastructure, Sino-Forest Corporation, Jaguar Mining and Compton Petroleum
Tim is recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of corporate law by Best Lawyers in Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and the Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada. Tim was also recognized as one of Canada’s “Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers” by Lexpert magazine in November 2006.
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT / PRO BONO / CHARITY WORK
Tim is a regular contributor to the American Bar Association’s recurring Canadian Private Target M&A Deal Points Study and the Canadian Public Target M&A Deal Points Study and is a Canadian contributor to Practical Law’s International Transaction Guide.
|Education|| University of Toronto (LL.B., 1992)
University of Toronto (B.A., 1988)
Law Society of Ontario