Bram Green is a partner at Goodmans. His practice focuses on commercial real estate, with a particular emphasis on acquisitions and divestitures, mixed-use development, joint ventures and hospitality.
He frequently advises REIT’s, foreign investors, pension funds and pension fund advisors and many of Canada’s largest real estate development firms.
Bram is recognized annually as a leading lawyer in Chambers Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, The Legal 500 Canada, IFLR 1000, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, The Lexpert/ALM Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada and the Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure.
Bram’s significant transactional experience includes:
- counsel for InnVest Hotels in connection with its acquisition of several marquee hotel properties, including, the St. Regis Toronto (formerly Trump Tower Toronto), the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel and the Marriott Ottawa Hotel;
- counsel for Leadon Investment Inc. in connection with its first Canadian acquisition, namely, the $1 billion acquisition of the SilverBirch Hotel Portfolio from a Canadian pension fund manager;
- counsel for RioCan REIT, Allied Properties REIT and Diamondcorp in connection with their acquisition and subseqeunt development of the approximately 3 million square foot mixed use commercial/residential development known as “The Well” and their subsequent disposition of the residential component to Tridel Builders Inc. and Woodbourne Canada Partners III (CA) LP;
- counsel for RioCan REIT in connection with its approximately $1 billion purchase of Kimco Realty Inc.’s co-ownership interest in their jointly owned Canadian retail portfolio;
- counsel for Oxford Properties Corporation in connection with its acquisition of the Park Hyatt Toronto;
- counsel for Oxford Properties Corporation in connection with its disposition of 2 Bloor Street and Cumberland Terrace;
- counsel for Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation in connection with the modernization of its land based casino gaming facilities;
- counsel for Bentall Kennedy in connection with its acquisition of numerous properties, including, most recently, 185 William Smith Drive, Whitby; 520 Bingemans Centre Drive, Kitchener; 6600 Financial Drive, Mississauga and Westside Marketplace, Waterloo;
- counsel for Context Development Inc. and Metropia Inc. in connection with the Lawrence Heights revitalization project;
- counsel for RioCan REIT in connection with its real estate growth opportunity joint venture with Hudson’s Bay Company.
Awards & Recognition
Chambers Canada Band 2, Real Estate Ontario 2023
Chambers Canada Band 2, Hospitality 2023
Lexpert/American Lawyer Media Guide Most Frequently Recommended, Property Development 2023
The Legal 500 Canada Leading Individual, Real Estate 2023
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized: Banking and Finance, Commercial Leasing Law, Project Finance Law, Real Estate Law 2023
The Legal 500 Canada Leading Individual, Real Estate and Construction 2022
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1997
- Western University, B.A., 1994
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Condominium Institute
Call to Bar
- 1999 Ontario
News & Events
We are delighted to announce that The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada once again features Goodmans in their 2023 Guide.The Lexpert/ALM 500 Directory, produced in…
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are pleased to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top tier recognition from The Legal 500 Canada in their 2023 Guide released today. Recognition from The Legal 500 is based on…
Mergers and AcquisitionsWe are delighted to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top tier recognition from Chambers and Partners in the Chambers Canada 2023 Guide released today. Recognition from Chambers…