Bram Green is a partner at Goodmans. His practice focuses on commercial real estate, with a particular emphasis on acquisitions and divestitures, mixed-use development, joint ventures and hospitality.
He frequently advises REIT’s, foreign investors, pension funds and pension fund advisors and many of Canada’s largest real estate development firms.
Bram is recognized annually as a leading lawyer in Chambers Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, The Legal 500 Canada, IFLR1000, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, The Lexpert/ALM Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada and the Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure.
Bram’s significant transactional experience includes:
- counsel for InnVest Hotels in connection with its acquisition of several marquee hotel properties, including, the St. Regis Toronto (formerly Trump Tower Toronto), the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel and the Marriott Ottawa Hotel;
- counsel for Leadon Investment Inc. in connection with its first Canadian acquisition, namely, the $1 billion acquisition of the SilverBirch Hotel Portfolio from a Canadian pension fund manager;
- counsel for RioCan REIT, Allied Properties REIT and Diamondcorp in connection with their acquisition and subseqeunt development of the approximately 3 million square foot mixed use commercial/residential development known as “The Well” and their subsequent disposition of the residential component to Tridel Builders Inc. and Woodbourne Canada Partners III (CA) LP;
- counsel for RioCan REIT in connection with its approximately $1 billion purchase of Kimco Realty Inc.’s co-ownership interest in their jointly owned Canadian retail portfolio;
- counsel for Oxford Properties Corporation in connection with its acquisition of the Park Hyatt Toronto;
- counsel for Oxford Properties Corporation in connection with its disposition of 2 Bloor Street and Cumberland Terrace;
- counsel for Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation in connection with the modernization of its land based casino gaming facilities;
- counsel for Bentall Kennedy in connection with its acquisition of numerous properties, including, most recently, 185 William Smith Drive, Whitby; 520 Bingemans Centre Drive, Kitchener; 6600 Financial Drive, Mississauga and Westside Marketplace, Waterloo;
- counsel for Context Development Inc. and Metropia Inc. in connection with the Lawrence Heights revitalization project;
- counsel for RioCan REIT in connection with its real estate growth opportunity joint venture with Hudson’s Bay Company.
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Leasing Law, Project Finance Law, Real Estate Law 2024
IFLR1000 Canada Notable Practitioner, Real Estate Acquisitions 2023
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers 2023
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory Recognized, Project Finance 2023
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory Most Frequently Recommended, Property Development 2023
Chambers Canada Band 2, Real Estate Ontario 2023
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1997
- Western University, B.A., 1994
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Condominium Institute
Call to Bar
- 1999 Ontario
News & Events
Private Equity and Venture CapitalGoodmans is delighted to announce we have been recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada with 101 lawyers ranked across 41 practice areas.Congratulations to Harry Radomski…
RestructuringWe are proud to announce Goodmans continues to be recognized by IFLR1000 in its annual guide. Recognition in IFLR1000 is based on a combination of in-depth qualitative research and…
Construction and InfrastructureWe are delighted to announce that the Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure 2023 has once again recognized Goodmans LLP lawyers among Canada's experts in the infrastructure…