Fred Rubinoff is a partner in the Real Estate Group at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction based involving a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including real estate financings, purchase and sale transactions, joint ventures, development of major commercial and residential projects and commercial leasing. His clients include financial institutions and other lenders, developers, REITs and institutional and private investors.
Fred has been recognized as a leading practitioner of real estate law by Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada and by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the areas of banking and financial institutions, property development and project finance. He has also been recognized by LMG's Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers as a leading lawyer in real estate.
Fred’s experience includes representation of:
- Minto Apartment REIT IPO in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 22 multi-residential rental properties
- Port Credit West Village Partnership purchase, financing and joint venture in connection with the acquisition of Port Credit development site from Imperial Oil
- Osmington Union Station Revitalization Project and Osmington McCaul Street in connection with a joint venture mixed use project with Tridel
- CD Capital in connection with a joint venture and financing for Yonge/Eglinton, 2131 Yonge and E2 mixed use projects
- Seagate Investments in connection with a sale/joint venture with Graywood and financing for Peter/Adelaide mixed use project
- Simon Properties in connection with the purchase and financing of Canadian outlet centres
- Leadon Investment in connection with the acquisition of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts and post-acquisition financing
- Menkes in connection with credit facilities for Harbour Plaza and LCBO mixed use projects
- CIBC in connection with various credit facilities for Timbercreek multi-residential portfolios
- Blackstone in connection with financing for InnVest REIT hotel portfolio
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law 2024
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers 2023
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory Recognized, Banking & Financial Institutions, Project Finance, Property Development 2023
Chambers Canada Band 3, Real Estate Ontario 2023
Who's Who Legal Recommended Global Leader, Real Estate 2023
The Legal 500 Canada Leading Individual, Real Estate 2023
Fred was a Cabinet Member for the $50 million “In our LifeTime Campaign” for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1984
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Condominium Institute
Call to Bar
News & Events
Private Equity and Venture CapitalGoodmans is delighted to announce we have been recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada with 101 lawyers ranked across 41 practice areas.Congratulations to Harry Radomski…
Construction and InfrastructureWe are delighted to announce that the Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure 2023 has once again recognized Goodmans LLP lawyers among Canada's experts in the infrastructure…
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are proud to announce we have once again been recognized in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2023.85 Goodmans lawyers have been recognized as top-tier in their fields and leaders across…