Fred Rubinoff is a partner in the Real Estate Group at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction based involving a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including real estate financings, purchase and sale transactions, joint ventures, development of major commercial and residential projects and commercial leasing. His clients include financial institutions and other lenders, developers, REITs and institutional and private investors.
Fred has been recognized as a leading practitioner of real estate law by Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada and by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the areas of banking and financial institutions, property development and project finance. He has also been recognized by LMG's Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers as a leading lawyer in real estate.
Fred’s experience includes representation of:
- Minto Apartment REIT IPO in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 22 multi-residential rental properties
- Port Credit West Village Partnership purchase, financing and joint venture in connection with the acquisition of Port Credit development site from Imperial Oil
- Osmington Union Station Revitalization Project and Osmington McCaul Street in connection with a joint venture mixed use project with Tridel
- CD Capital in connection with a joint venture and financing for Yonge/Eglinton, 2131 Yonge and E2 mixed use projects
- Seagate Investments in connection with a sale/joint venture with Graywood and financing for Peter/Adelaide mixed use project
- Simon Properties in connection with the purchase and financing of Canadian outlet centres
- Leadon Investment in connection with the acquisition of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts and post-acquisition financing
- Menkes in connection with credit facilities for Harbour Plaza and LCBO mixed use projects
- CIBC in connection with various credit facilities for Timbercreek multi-residential portfolios
- Blackstone in connection with financing for InnVest REIT hotel portfolio
Awards & Recognition
Chambers Canada Recognized, Real Estate Ontario 2024
The Legal 500 Canada Leading Individual, Real Estate 2024
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law 2024
Who's Who Legal Recognized National Leader, Real Estate 2023
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers 2023
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory Recognized, Banking & Financial Institutions, Project Finance, Property Development 2023
Fred was a Cabinet Member for the $50 million “In our LifeTime Campaign” for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1984
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Condominium Institute
Call to Bar
News & Events
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are pleased to share Goodmans lawyers have been recognized across Who's Who Legal's National Guide: Canada 2023. WWL National Guides identify national or regional leaders in a sector, industry…
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are pleased to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top tier recognition from The Legal 500 Canada in their 2024 Guide released today. Recognition from The Legal 500 is based on…
Mergers and AcquisitionsWe are delighted to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top-tier recognition from Chambers and Partners in the Chambers Canada 2024 Guide released today. Recognition from…