Roslyn Houser serves as counsel in the Municipal and Land Development Group at Goodmans. She specializes in municipal law with her practice focusing on the full range of land development matters.
Roslyn has handled residential and employment projects throughout southern Ontario and is currently involved with several city building projects for key downtown locations which will be served by new transportation hubs. She has also handled numerous large commercial planning matters for the private and public sectors, including large-scale shopping centres and commercial projects in a mixed-use urban format.
Roslyn appears frequently before the Ontario Land Tribunal (former Local Planning Appeal Tribunal) and municipal councils on behalf of both private and public sector clients.
Roslyn has been recognized as a leading practitioner by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory for property development and by Best Lawyers in Canada for administrative and public law, municipal law and real estate law. Chambers Canada 2023 recognizes Roslyn in the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use noting she “enjoys an excellent reputation at the forefront of the market for her knowledge of planning and land use regulations”.
Roslyn’s representative work includes:
Large Transit-Oriented Projects
- the new 60-acre Unilever employment precinct east of Toronto’s downtown
- 100 acres within the new mixed-use intensification project in the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre served by the recent extension of the Spadina subway line
Residential and Office Redevelopments in Toronto
- numerous condominium projects including Monde, X Condominium, and the Massey Tower
- Eaton Centre, Toronto-Dominion Centre Tower Five, Globe and Mail Centre
- shopping centre and power centre developments in Toronto, Vaughan, Markham, Kawartha Lakes, Milton, Aurora, Newmarket, Oshawa, Kingston, Ottawa, Brantford, London, Guelph, Windsor and Stratford
- Etobicoke, Scarborough, Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan, Newmarket, Peterborough, Kingston and Ottawa
- industrial developments in Vaughan, Scarborough, Brampton and Oakville
- residential subdivisions in Markham, Vaughan and high-rise intensification projects in Richmond Hill and Vaughan
- National Ballet School in Toronto
- Tom Patterson Theatre in Stratford
Awards & Recognition
Chambers Canada Senior Statespeople, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use Ontario 2023
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized: Administrative and Public Law, Municipal Law, Real Estate Law 2023
Chambers Canada Ranked, Senior Statespeople, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use - Ontario 2022
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Real Estate Law 2022
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Administrative and Public Law 2022
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Municipal Law 2022
Roslyn has lectured at the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association, Osgoode Hall Law School, the University of Toronto Faculty of Law, the Ontario Association of Architects and the Building Industry and Land Development Association. She has also published articles relating to the planning process.
- University of Toronto, LL.B., 1977
- Law Society of Ontario
Call to Bar
- 1979 Ontario
News & Events
Mergers and AcquisitionsWe are delighted to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top tier recognition from Chambers and Partners in the Chambers Canada 2023 Guide released today. Recognition from Chambers…
Private Equity and Venture CapitalGoodmans is delighted to announce we have been recognized by the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada with 101 lawyers ranked across 41 practice areas.Congratulations to Dale H. Lastman, C…
We are delighted to announce 100+ Goodmans lawyers have been ranked in the Best Lawyers Canada - 2022 Edition!Congratulations to our partners, Monique McAlister and Neil Sheehy who have both been…