Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David is a partner in the business law group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law. He advises public, private and multinational companies and their investors on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, going private transactions, as well as public and private debt and equity financings and corporate governance matters.
David’s representative work includes acting for:
- Dye & Durham Limited in its initial public offering, listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange, and numerous follow-on public offerings
- The underwriters in connection with Loop Energy Inc.’s initial public offering and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- The underwriters in connection with Pivotree Inc.’s initial public offering and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange
- Canaccord Genuity Growth II Corp. in connection with its $537 million qualifying transaction with Taiga Motors Inc.
Public Mergers and Acquisitions
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation in connection with its US$10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its acquisition from NovaGold Resources of a 50% interest in the Galore Creek Project joint venture with Teck Resources
- Hudbay Minerals Inc. in connection with its $31 million acquisition of Mason Resources Corp.
- Canaccord Genuity Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Spark Power Group Inc., the first successful Qualifying Acquisition of Canada’s “Third Generation” SPACs
- Hudbay Minerals Inc. in connection with its $540 million hostile take-over bid for Augusta Resources Corp.
Private Mergers and Acquisitions
- Dye & Durham Corporation in connection with its purchase of the assets of Cyberbahn and Marque d'or from Thomson Reuters Canada Limited
- Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of M&M Meat Shops, Canada’s largest independent retailer of specialty frozen food
David is recognized as a “Rising Star” in the area of Capital Markets by The Legal 500 Canada.
|Education|| Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (J.D., 2012)
Dalhousie University (B.A., Honours, 2008)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||