Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Emily Ting is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice is transaction based, involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Emily also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Emily often represents issuers, underwriters, private companies and private equity firms.
Emily’s representative work includes acting for:
- Clairvest Group Inc. in connection with the closing of its sixth private equity fund at US$850 million
- Nuvo Research in connection with its reorganization into two separate TSX-listed companies, Nuvo Pharmaceuticals and Crescita Therapeutics
- BCE Inc. in connection with its privatization of Bell Alliant Inc.
- Vicwest Inc. in connection with the sale of its building products division to Kingspan Group plc and agricultural products division to AG Growth International Inc.
- MCAN Mortgage Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Xceed Mortgage Corporation
- Insight Productions in connection with the sale of a majority stake in Insight Productions to Boat Rocker Media
- Birch Hill Equity Partners in connection with its sale of Carson-Dellosa Publishing to Guardian Capital
- the issuer in numerous follow-on public offerings, including by Atlantic Power Corporation, CI Financial Corp. and Altus Group Limited
- the underwriters in numerous follow-on public offerings, including by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P., Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P., Brookfield Property Partners L.P., Brookfield Business Partners L.P., H&R Real Estate Investment Trust, IBI Group Inc. and Solium Capital Inc.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2010)
McGill University (B.A., With Distinction, 2006)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||