Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Emily Ting is a partner and co-head of a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice is transaction based, involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Emily also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Emily’s representative work includes acting for:
- MDA Ltd. in connection with its initial public offering
- a consortium led by Northern Private Capital, an investment firm led by John Risley and Andrew Lapham, in its $1 billion acquisition of MDA, Canada’s leading space company, from Maxar Technologies
- Clairvest Group Inc. and its managed funds in their investment in Brunswick Bierworks
- Clairvest Group Inc. in connection with the closing of its sixth private equity fund at US$850 million
- Nuvo Research in connection with its reorganization into two separate TSX-listed companies, Nuvo Pharmaceuticals and Crescita Therapeutics
- BCE Inc. in connection with its privatization of Bell Alliant Inc.
- Vicwest Inc. in connection with the sale of its building products division to Kingspan Group plc and agricultural products division to AG Growth International Inc.
- MCAN Mortgage Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Xceed Mortgage Corporation
- Insight Productions in connection with the sale of a majority stake in Insight Productions to Boat Rocker Media
- Birch Hill Equity Partners in connection with its sale of Carson-Dellosa Publishing to Guardian Capital
- the issuer in numerous follow-on public offerings, including by Atlantic Power Corporation, CI Financial Corp. and Altus Group Limited
- the underwriters in numerous follow-on public offerings, including by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P., Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P., Brookfield Property Partners L.P., Brookfield Business Partners L.P., H&R Real Estate Investment Trust, IBI Group Inc. and Solium Capital Inc.
Emily is recognized by IFLR 1000 as a Rising Star Partner in Capital markets: Equity and M&A and by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the area of corporate finance and securities.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2010)
McGill University (B.A., With Distinction, 2006)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||