Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Karen is a partner in the business law group at Goodmans.
Her practice focuses on corporate law and banking and finance law, including a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions, acting for both creditors and debtors. Karen has significant experience with corporate and financing transactions involving health care assets. Karen is a member of the firm’s Aging & Healthcare division.
Karen’s representative work includes acting for:
- Onex Corporation in connection with the financing of its acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN $5 billion
- Revera Inc. in its joint venture partnership with Axium Infrastructure to share ownership of 32 of Revera’s long term care homes in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its acquisition of retirement residences for $382 million
- Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in connection with the company’s restructuring under the CCAA and ancillary proceedings in Colombia and the United States
- Welltower Inc. and Revera Inc. in their $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc. and in connection with their US$2 billion joint venture resulting in shared ownership of 70+ Canadian retirement residences previously owned by Revera Inc.
- Gramercy Funds Management LLC in connection with $90 million gold forward sale transactions and gold streaming transaction with Banro Corporation
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Toronto-based real estate company, Dream Unlimited Corp. to develop its portfolio of surplus real estate valued at $1 billion
- Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with the financing of Atlantic Power’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P.
Karen is a Co-chair of SenbridGe NEXT by SenbridGe, Goodmans platform for educational, networking and publication offerings related to the seniors living and healthcare industries.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (J.D./MBA, 2011)
McGill University (B.A., 2007)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||