Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Kenneth Saddington is a partner in the Tax Group at Goodmans. He advises on all areas of Canadian domestic and international income taxation that arise in corporate and commercial transactions. His practice has an emphasis on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, debt restructurings, corporate finance, and investment funds.
Kenneth’s representative work includes acting for:
- Atlantic Power in its agreement to be acquired by I Squared Capital for US$961 million
- the Ad Hoc Committee of lenders in its successful $1.2 billion credit bid acquisition of Cirque du Soleil pursuant to a coordinated CCAA and U.S. Chapter 15 proceeding
- Newmont Mining Corporation in its $10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Altria Group, Inc. in its $2.4 billion strategic investment in Cronos Group Inc., a cannabis producer
- BSR REIT in its US$135 million cross-border initial public offering
- Mettrum Health Corp. in its approximately $430 million acquisition by Canopy Growth Corporation
- InterOil Corporation in its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Exxon Mobil Corporation
- the Plan Sponsors (leading private equity firms) in Lightstream Resources Ltd.’s $2 billion restructuring
- the Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders in Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd.’s $1 billion restructuring
- HealthLease Properties REIT in its $1 billion acquisition by Health Care REIT, Inc.
- Health Care REIT, Inc. and Revera Inc. in their US$2 billion joint venture resulting in shared ownership of 70+ Canadian retirement residences previously owned by Revera Inc.
- the underwriters and agents in various public offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and its affiliates, including Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P., Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P., Brookfield Office Properties Inc. and Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
Kenneth is recognized as a leading tax lawyer in publications including The Legal 500 Canada and Best Lawyers in Canada.
Kenneth has authored numerous papers and speaks frequently on commercial and international income tax matters. He is a frequent guest lecturer at Osgoode Hall Law School on business tax planning.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (J.D., 2010)
Queen's University (B.Sc., Eng., 2007)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||