Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Matt Prager is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on the areas of corporate law and securities law. He acts for both public and private companies, with a particular emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Matt also advises on matters relating to continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance, legislative compliance and general corporate law.
Matt completed a J.D./H.B.A. program at Western Law School and the Richard Ivey School of Business, and won the Gold Medal and Law Society of Upper Canada Prize at Law School while also graduating from Ivey with Distinction. Matt also spent a semester studying law abroad at the National University of Singapore.
- Clairvest Group Inc. and its managed funds in their investments in Also Energy Inc. (and tuck-under Locus Energy Inc.), SST Solar Holdings, Inc., Power Overhaul LLC and Digital Media Solutions, LLC and the sale by their subsidiary Discovery Air Inc. of its fire services division
- Tricon Capital Group in its US$1.4 billion acquisition of Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 5) Core Fund and US$1.4 billion acquisition of Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp.
- Invesque Inc. in connection with various acquisitions, including its US$128 million acquisition of Mohawk Medial Properties REIT and its US$425 million acquisition of Care Investment Trust LLC
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation in connection with its US$10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Kew Media Group in its qualifying acquisition transaction of six leading content companies to create a global media platform
|Education|| University of Western Ontario Law School (J.D. (Gold Medalist), 2014)
Richard Ivey School of Business (H.B.A. (with Distinction), 2014)
|Year of Call||