Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Neil Sheehy is a partner and former head of a business law group at Goodmans, and a current member of the Compensation Committee. Neil is a Contact Partner with respect to the firm’s membership in the World Law Group, a Chambers ranked Elite, international network of law firms. Neil currently serves on the WLG Membership Committee and is a past President and past member of the Board of Directors of the network.
Neil’s practice involves all areas of corporate law, with particular focus on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and private equity transactions. Neil has represented a broad range of clients on cross-border transactions in which he acts for clients purchasing or selling businesses in Canada as well as for issuers undertaking public offerings and private placements of securities in Canada. On an ongoing basis, Neil advises many companies in connection with securities compliance, corporate governance and general corporate/commercial matters.
Neil provides ongoing strategic and commercial advice as lead counsel to a number of private and public companies across a spectrum of industries. His representative transactions include acting for:
Private Equity and M&A
- OMERS Private Equity Inc. and various portfolio companies in numerous private equity transactions, including the acquisition and sale of and acquisitions by Golf Town Canada Inc., Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp. and Logibec Inc. and the sale of and acquisitions by MMM Group Limited
- Advent International in connection with numerous private equity transactions, including its acquisition of RGL Reservoir Management and NCS Multistage, Inc.
- Kilmer Group in connection with its acquisition of Coca Cola Canada Bottling Limited and the acquisition and sale of Tribal Clothing, Game TV and Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp.
- Standard Communications Inc. in connection with its sale to Astral Media Inc.
- Reporting issuers in connection with public offerings and ongoing securities law compliance, including Cott Corporation, The Keg Royalties Income Fund, MCAN Mortgage Corporation and Smartcentres Real Estate Investment Trust
- Highland Therapeutics Inc. and Ironshore Pharmaceuticals Inc. in connection with ongoing strategic advice from start-up to product launch, including in connection with a series of cross border Note and Revenue, Royalty Offerings
- Peace Naturals Project Inc., Canada’s first non-incumbent licensed producer of medicinal cannabis, as strategic commercial advisor in connection with start-up to sale to Cronos Group, as well as a series of equity and debt financings.
Neil is recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as “2022 Lawyer of the Year” in Leveraged Buyouts & Private Equity Law and as a leading lawyer in corporate governance, corporate law, M&A and securities. Neil is also recommended in The Legal 500 Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and the Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Finance and M&A Lawyers.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 1990)
University of Toronto (B.A., 1987)
Law Society of Ontario