Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tyler D’Angelo is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on a wide range of real estate matters, including purchases, sales, financings, joint ventures, leases, and construction and development agreements.
He works on behalf of buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, and lenders and borrowers, in transactions throughout Canada. Tyler also has substantial experience acting on real estate components of corporate transactions (both domestic and cross-border), and on portfolio purchases, sales, and financings.
Tyler’s representative work includes acting for:
Purchases, Sales and Restructurings
- Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited in the purchase of Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company
- ONEX Corporation in its purchase of all issued and outstanding shares of Westjet Airlines Inc. for $5 billion
- Newmont Mining Corporation in a real property reorganization in connection with its $10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Leadon Investment Inc. in its purchase of 25 hotels across Canada for $1 billion
- OneREIT in its sale of 44 shopping centres across Canada, and public takeover by SmartREIT for a collective $1.1 billion
- Alvarez & Marsal Canada in Target Canada’s CCAA Filing
- Riocan REIT: sale of Tillicum Centre in Victoria, B.C. for $110 million
- Miller McAsphalt Group in the sale of its road construction and bitumen distribution business to Colas Canada for $913 million
- Cott Corporation in the sale of its beverage manufacturing business to Refresco Group for USD$1.25 billion
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its purchase of 18 retirement residences in British Columbia and Ontario for $640 million
- Revera Inc. and Welltower Inc. in their joint-venture purchase of 23 seniors living residences across Canada
- Roots Canada Ltd. in its sale to an international private equity firm
- Leadon Investment Inc. as borrower in a $716 million portfolio financing in favour of a European bank
- Welltower in the financing of its joint-venture retirement home portfolio with Chartwell Retirement Residences
- a subsidiary of Fairfax in its acquisition and mortgaging of various real property interests across Ontario
- underwriters in connection with various debt and equity bought-deal offerings by Artis REIT, StorageVault Inc., Fire & Flower Inc., Slate Retail REIT, H&R REIT, and others
- landlords and tenants in restaurant, retail, office, and industrial leases across Canada
Tyler is an alumnus of the Queen’s University men’s varsity hockey team. He is a mentor to students and is otherwise actively involved in the firm’s student program.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2013)
Queen's University (Master of Arts, History, 2009)
Carleton University (Bachelor of Journalism, Highest Honours, 2006)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||