Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tyler D’Angelo is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on a wide range of real estate matters, including purchases, sales, financings, joint ventures, leases, and construction and development agreements.
He works on behalf of buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, and lenders and borrowers, in transactions throughout Canada. Tyler also has substantial experience acting on real estate components of corporate transactions (both domestic and cross-border), and on portfolio purchases, sales, and financings.
Tyler’s representative work includes acting for:
Purchases, Sales and Restructurings
- Oak Street Real Estate Capital in its acquisition of 30 properties across 11 provinces and territories from Choice Properties REIT
- Leadon Investment Inc. in its purchase of 25 hotels across Canada
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its purchase of 18 retirement residences in British Columbia and Ontario
- Revera Inc. and Welltower Inc. in their joint-venture purchase of 23 seniors living residences across Canada
- OneREIT in its sale of 44 shopping centres across Canada, and public takeover by SmartREIT
- Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited in the purchase of Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company
- ONEX Corporation in its purchase of all issued and outstanding shares of Westjet Airlines Inc. for $5 billion
- Newmont Mining Corporation in a real property reorganization in connection with its $10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc.
- Alvarez & Marsal Canada in Target Canada’s CCAA Filing
- Miller McAsphalt Group in the sale of its road construction and bitumen distribution business to Colas Canada for $913 million
- Leadon Investment Inc. as borrower in a $716 million portfolio financing in favour of a European bank
- Welltower in the financing of its joint-venture retirement home portfolio with Chartwell Retirement Residences
- a subsidiary of Fairfax in its acquisition and mortgaging of various real property interests across Ontario
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation in connection with its financing of rental housing construction across Canada
- underwriters in connection with various debt and equity bought-deal offerings by Artis REIT, StorageVault Inc., Fire & Flower Inc., Slate Retail REIT, H&R REIT, and others
- landlords and tenants in restaurant, retail, office, and industrial leases across Canad
Tyler was most recently listed in the inaugural 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada - Ones to Watch.
Tyler is an alumnus of the Queen’s University men’s varsity hockey team and teaches the Associate Real Estate course offered by the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario. He is also a mentor to students and junior associates, and is actively involved in the firm’s student program.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2013)
Queen's University (Master of Arts, History, 2009)
Carleton University (Bachelor of Journalism, Highest Honours, 2006)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||