As in-house counsel, you face an array of unique ethical, practice and client management challenges. Join your peers and our knowledgeable facilitators for a nuanced, interactive discussion of a range of Professionalism issues that you might encounter within your role, and practical tools and strategies for managing them effectively.
- Tips and traps when using texting applications for legal matters (e.g. WhatsApp, Signal, etc.)
- Strategies for maintaining an assertive but professional demeanor in the negotiation of agreements
- Navigating ethical issues in running and responding to competitive procurements
- Professionalism best practices for advising a board of directors
- Effectively managing active stakeholders
- Jessica Bishop, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Leah Boyd, Partner & General Counsel, Whitehorse Liquidity Partners
- John Connon, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Caroline Descours, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Brenda Gosselin, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Daniel Greenberg, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, SAP Canada Inc.
- Peter V. Nguyen, Senior Vice President, Legal, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Descartes Systems Group
- Julie Rosenthal, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Thomas Santram, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Cineplex Inc.
- Sara Sirouspour, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Panasonic Canada Inc.
Peter Ruby, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Please note: This was a live-only session.