Dani is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans.
She is developing a broad practice in corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance. In 2019, she completed a secondment to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Before joining Goodmans, Dani received her J.D./M.B.A. from Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business. Prior to that, she completed her undergraduate degree at Western University, where she was the gold medalist in her program.
Dani’s representative work includes acting for:
- Rogers Communications Inc. in connection with the entering into of a purchase agreement for Quebecor Inc. to acquire Freedom Mobile Inc. from Shaw Telecom G.P.
- Blackstone Real Estate Investment Trust in its US$3.1 Billion acquisition of WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust
- Keystone Capital Partners LP in connection with its acquisition of Pinchin Ltd.
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Ideal
- ZMC Capital in connection with its acquisition of The Second City Inc.
- The management of Firmex Inc. in connection with its sale to Datasite
- Principal Media LLC, in connection with its significant investment in Chesler/Perlmutter Productions Inc.
- Organigram Holdings Inc. in connection with various follow-on securities offerings
- Revera Inc. in its joint venture partnership with Harrison Street to share ownership of four retirement homes in Ontario
- MCAN Mortgage Corporation in connection with various follow-on securities offerings
- NowVertical in connection with its short form public offering and final base shelf prospectus
- Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D./M.B.A., 2019
- Western University, BMOS, 2015
- Law Society of Ontario
Call to Bar
- 2020 Ontario
Capital MarketsThe Canadian Securities Administrators (“CSA”) and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (“IIROC”) have released a joint Staff Notice 23-329 (the “Staff Notice”) seeking feedback…
Mergers and AcquisitionsOntario’s Bill 213 – the Better for People, Smarter for Business Act, 2020 (the “Act”) – recently received Royal Assent, and its provisions, as they pertain to Ontario’s Business Corporations Act (the…
Intellectual PropertyHe’s got ninety-nine ninety-four trademark applications, and “2/J” is a new one. American rapper and music mogul, Jay-Z, has already dominated the music production world, and it looks like he has set…
TechnologyThe Canadian venture capital sector soared to new heights in 2019, with a record $6.2 billion invested over 539 deals. The sector experienced its biggest year since 2000 (adjusted for inflation), with…
Intellectual PropertyAs reported by The News Pocket, Samsung has filed trademark applications for names of nine new Galaxy A smartphones. The Galaxy A series, Samsung’s affordable range, is one of the company’s most…
TechnologyApple Inc. (Apple) has launched a breach of contract lawsuit against its former lead chip engineer, Gerard Williams III. During his tenure at Apple, Williams was one of the main architects of Apple’s…