Randy McAuley is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans.
His practice focuses on various aspects of corporate and securities law. Randy has acted for public and private entities, reporting issuers, investors and underwriters in capital markets transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Randy’s representative work includes acting for:
- Representing Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in connection with its US$374 million equity investment in Chorus Aviation Inc.
- Representing Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation in connection with its Rental Construction Financing initiative to finance the construction of rental housing across Canada, and acting as its counsel on over $1.5 billion in committed loans under the program
- Representing Latécoère S.A, a Tier 1 partner of the world's largest aircraft manufacturers, in relation to the acquisition of Avcorp Industries Inc., a Canadian-domiciled publicly traded company that builds major airframe structures for leading aircraft manufacturers, by way of plan of arrangement
- Represented G6 Hospitality in connection with a sale of a portfolio of Motel 6 properties located in Canada
- Representing Training The Street, the world's leading provider of educational resources for financial professionals, in its add-on acquisition of The Marquee Group, Canada's leading provider of financial modeling training and consulting
- Representing Virtus Industries in connection with its acquisition of Arzon Limited
- Representing Interac Corp. in connection with its acquisition of 2Keys Corporation
- VM Hotel Acquisition Corp. in connection with its initial public offering on the TSX
- The Miller McAsphalt Group in the sale of its road construction and bitumen distribution business to Colas Canada for $913 million
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its acquisition from NovaGold Resources of a 50% interest in the Galore Creek Project joint venture with Teck Resources
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its strategic investments in Continental Gold Inc. and Irving Resources Inc.
- RioCan REIT in connection with the sale of its U.S. portfolio located in the Northeastern US and Texas to Blackstone Real Estate Partners VIII for US$1.9 billion
- Bioasis Technologies Inc. in connection with numerous equity financing transactions
- RioCan REIT in connection with its public offering of senior unsecured debentures
- NexPoint Hospitality Trust in connection with its initial public offering of trust units
Randy currently sits on the board of directors of The Musical Stage Company, the largest and leading charitable musical theatre company in Canada. Randy also sits on the board of The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business and Western Mustangs Athletic Alumni. He enjoyed a career as a musician performing with the Juno nominated vocal quartet, The McAuley Boys. Randy was also a top-tier athlete in football and track and field, being named a seven-time all-Canadian in track and filed while at Western University and achieving MVP honours as a football player, spending a brief stint with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.
- Western University, J.D., 2015
- Western University, B.HSc, 2012
- Western University, B.A., 2008
- Law Society of Ontario
Call to Bar
- 2016 Ontario
CSA Announces Exemptions From Filing Requirements During Switch to SEDAR+On May 11, 2023, Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) announced important exemptions from certain securities law filing requirements in connection with the launch of the new System for Electronic…
Ontario's Capital Markets Modernization Taskforce Proposes Sweeping Reforms to Ontario's Capital Markets Regulatory SystemOntario’s Capital Markets Modernization Taskforce (the “Taskforce”) – formed in late 2019 to make recommendations to the Minister of Finance regarding the effectiveness and competitiveness of…
OSC Intervenes in Private Placement Implemented During Proxy ContestOn April 23, 2017, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) overturned a decision of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) conditionally approving a private placement by Eco Oro Minerals Corp. (“Eco Oro…
New Disclosure Rules and Guidance Related to the 2017 Proxy SeasonReporting issuers in Canada are subject to continuous disclosure obligations imposed by securities laws and the rules of stock exchanges. From time to time, the securities regulators and stock…
ISS and Glass Lewis 2017 Proxy Season GuidelinesProxy advisory firms Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) and Glass Lewis & Co. (Glass Lewis) recently released their Canadian proxy voting policy updates for the 2017 proxy season. The…
News & Events
Announcing our New Partners in 2023Goodmans is delighted to announce that the following lawyers have joined our partnership:Julian Di Bartolomeo is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. He has a broad transactional…