Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David Wiseman is a partner in a business law group and a longstanding member of the Opinions Committee and the Technology Committee at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction based with a particular emphasis on project financing, bank and asset-based lending, high-yield debt and restructurings with banking and finance components. David advises lenders, borrowers and sponsors on complex domestic, cross-border and international financings. David has deep knowledge of financing issues relevant to renewable energy, infrastructure and mining.
David’s representative work includes acting for:
- IAM Private Debt, as lead counsel, in connection with various infrastructure and corporate financings across Canada
- CE Mining in connection with a financing of Rambler Metals & Mining
- SkyPower Global in connection with a holdco financing in relation to its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects and its completion of 5 concurrent refinancings totalling USD$230 million by Nomura Securities International for these projects
- Hub International in connection with its USD$5.06 billion cross-border refinancing from Morgan Stanley
- Conuma Resources in connection with its USD$250 million cross-border refinancing, comprised of a USD$200 Million 10% Senior Secured Notes Offering and a USD$25 Million credit facility
- CJF Capital Partners and SUSI partners in connection with cross-border, non-recourse third party project financings of two energy storage projects in Ontario totalling 12MW
- CEDA/OMERS in connection with its $125 million credit facilities with Bank of Nova Scotia
- Hudson Resources in connection with a multi-lender project financing in Greenland
- Mandalay Resources in connection with US$40 million HSBC credit facilities
- Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. in connection with the USD$355 million financing of Cauchari-Olaroz lithium project in Jujuy, Argentina
- Canaccede Financial Group in connection with its US$75 million financing and several distressed debt portfolio acquisitions from Canadian banks
- Ridgeback Resources in connection with its $400 million senior credit facilities and US$40 million 2nd lien notes
- OMERS/Golf Town/Golfsmith in connection with DIP credit facilities from Antares Capital
- Eurasian Resources Group in connection with US$3.1 billion in credit facilities from VTB Bank
- KKR and Jefferies Finance in connection with the US$700 million refinancing of Preferred Sands
- Wells Fargo, PNC Bank, MidCap Business Credit, Sienna Lending, People’s Bank, Provident Bank and Citizen’s Bank on various ABL/commercial finance transactions
- various leading international and US law firms on cross-border financings
David is recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of bank lending, project finance, asset-based lending and global mining by IFLR 1000, Best Lawyers in Canada, Who’s Who Legal and The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. David also has the highest possible rating (AV Preeminent) from Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability.
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT AND CHARITY WORK
David has written and spoken on debt finance topics in a variety of forums, including co-authoring and editing the Canada chapter of The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review and The Lending and Secured Financing Review. David previously was a member of the Board of Directors of the Boulevard Club and a member of the Capital Projects Committee that provided input and guidance on the design and construction of the Club’s West Wing rebuild. David supports a number of charities, including Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and Women’s Shelters Canada.
|Education|| Queen's University (B.A., Honours, English Literature)
Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (J.D./M.B.A.)
Law Society of Ontario