Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tara Hunt is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice is transaction based and she acts for both public and private companies, with a particular emphasis on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions, private equity, continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governeance and general corporate and securities law.
While attending law school at the University of Toronto, Tara was the Co-President of the Business Law Society and a senior editor of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review.
Tara joined Goodmans as a first year summer student in 2014 and became an associate at the firm in 2017. Tara was Co-Chair of the 2018 and 2019 Goodmans United Way Campaign.
Tara’s representative work includes acting for:
- Tricon Residential Inc. in its $300 million private placement financing of a preferred equity investment made by a syndicate of investors led by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc.
- Tricon Residential Inc. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 5) Core Fund
- BSR Real Estate Investment Trustin its initial public offering of 13,500,000 trust units at a price of US$10.00 per unit for gross proceeds of US$135 million
- Issuers, including Tricon Residential Inc. and BSR Real Estate Investment Trust in various follow-on securities offerings
- McCain Capital Inc. and Chair-man Mills Corp. on several portfolio acquisitions
- various U.S. private equity firms on Canadian acquisitions
- the Special Committee of Fairfax Africa Holdings Corporation in connection with its proposed strategic transaction with Helios Holdings Limited
- dissenting shareholder Paulson & Co. Inc. in its successful proxy campaign, replacing seven of the eight directors of Detour Gold Corporation since the beginning its campaign
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its US$110 million acquisition of Aralez Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. and related assets
- Invesque Inc. in its US$138 million acquisition of Mohawk Medical Properties Real Estate Investment Trust
- Invesque Inc. in its US$425 million acquisition of Care Investment Trust, LLC, owner of 42 US seniors housing and care property portfolio in the United States
|Education|| University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (J.D., 2016)
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management (B.Comm, with Distinction, 2012)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||