Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tara Hunt is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. She is developing her practice in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law with a focus on public company clients.
While attending law school at the University of Toronto, Tara was the Co-President of the Business Law Society and a senior editor of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review.
Tara joined Goodmans as a first year summer student in 2014 and became an associate at the firm in 2017. Tara was Co-Chair of the 2018 and 2019 Goodmans United Way Campaign.
Tara’s representative work includes acting for:
- Tricon Capital Group Inc. in its $300 million private placement financing of a preferred equity investment made by a syndicate of investors led by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc.
- The Special Committee of Fairfax Africa Holdings Corporation in connection with its proposed strategic transaction with Helios Holdings Limited
- Tricon Capital Group Inc. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 5) Core Fund
- BSR Real Estate Investment Trust (the REIT) in its initial public offering of 13,500,000 trust units at a price of US$10.00 per unit for gross proceeds of US$135 million
- Dissenting shareholder Paulson & Co. Inc. in its successful proxy campaign, replacing seven of the eight directors of Detour Gold Corporation since the beginning its campaign
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its US$110 million acquisition of Aralez Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. and related assets
- Invesque Inc. in its US$138 million acquisition of Mohawk Medical Properties Real Estate Investment Trust
- Invesque Inc. in its US$425 million acquisition of Care Investment Trust, LLC, owner of 42 US seniors housing and care property portfolio in the United States
|Education|| University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (J.D., 2016)
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management (B.Comm, with Distinction, 2012)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||