The Banking and Finance Group has been involved in many of the largest private equity financings and other acquisition financings in recent years in Canada, representing both key private equity players, local and foreign corporate investors and lenders.
Goodmans banking practitioners in this area work closely with the firm’s top-rated Corporate/M&A Private Equity Group, and as a result, have developed relationships with some of the leading private equity firms in and outside Canada including Apax Partners, OMERS Private Equity, Onex, Providence Equity, Teachers’ Private Capital, CPPIB and Birch Hill (to name a few).
Recent representations include:
- Atlantic Power Corporation in its $760 million acquisition financing relating to the acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P. (2011)
- Apax Partners in its $330 million acquisition financing relating to its purchase of Trader Corporation from Yellow Media (2011)
- Canaccord Financial Inc. in its $150 million financing led by CIBC for its acquisition of Collins Stewart Hawkpoint in the UK (2011)
- Insight Equity, in its acquisition and simultaneous combination and refinancing of A.P. Plasman, Inc. and Invotronics. (2011)
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank, as agent and a lender in connection with RBJ Schlegel Holding Inc.’s $136 million acquisition of The Homewood Corporation (2010)
- Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC in connection with the cross-border financing of its US $915 million acquisition of Bway Holding Company (2010)
- Postmedia Network Inc. in its US $275 million high yield note offering, completed to finance in part its purchase of newspaper assets from Canwest (2010)
- OMERS Private Equity, in connection with its acquisition and subsequent privatization of Logibec Groupe Informatique Ltée, financed in part by a syndicate of senior lenders led by The National Bank of Canada and a mezzanine loan provided by Fonds de solidarité FTQ (2010)