Brookfield Renewable and Cameco acquire Westinghouse Electric Company

Goodmans LLP acted for the independent directors of Brookfield Renewable Partners (“Brookfield”) in connection with the acquisition by Brookfield, along with Cameco Corporation and Brookfield’s institutional partners, of Westinghouse Electric Company from Brookfield Business Partners.  

Brookfield now owns a 51% interest and Cameco owns the remaining 49% interest in Westinghouse, one of the world’s largest nuclear services businesses.