The Goodmans IP Team is proud to have been recognized in "Intellectual Property" by Legal 500 Canada - 2022.
A "deep bench of IP litigators distinguishes" the Goodmans IP Team "from its competition" and it is described as having proficiency in pharmaceuticals, broadcasting, publishing, biotechnology, food and beverages, telecommunications, sports and entertainment.
The following members of the Goodmans IP Team are individually recognized:
- Harry Radomski, who is recognized as a "leading individual" and described as "an experienced trial lawyer across all aspects of IP including patent, trademark and copyright disputes";
- Andrew Brodkin, who is recognized as a "leading individual" and described as "particularly well-versed in the assessment of damages";
- Amalia Berg, who is recognized as a "leading individual" and described as "the key point of contact for non-contentious matters such as portfolio management, trademark clearance and prosecution and IP transactions";
- Richard Naiberg, who is described as a "key lawyer";
- Dino Clarizio, who is described as a "key lawyer";
- Ben Hackett, who is described as a "key lawyer";
- Jordan Scopa, who is recognized as a "next generation partner" and described as "a specialist in both disputes and licensing, [and] has been especially active in the pharmaceutical sector of late"; and
- Jaclyn Tilak, who is recognized as one of only four "rising stars" and "has appeared in a number of cases pertaining to patented medicines".
Congratulations to all!
Intellectual PropertyPaleo, a food tech startup, has reportedly secured patents for “precision fermentation heme technology.” Heme is the molecule that is credited with the taste and texture of meat, and, while it is…
Intellectual PropertyCochlear, an Australian Biotech Hearing Implant Maker, will fight the University of Pittsburgh’s patent infringement claim that elements of Cochlear’s Nuclear 6 and 7 implant products violated their…
Intellectual PropertyValve, a video game developer and digital distribution company, may be planning a standalone virtual reality (VR) headset, according to PC Gamer. VR fans were excited to learn that Valve…
Intellectual PropertyAllstate has reportedly filed a patent application for technology that would allow a telematics-based driving assessment in real time. While Allstate has aimed this technology at insurers to allow…
Intellectual PropertyClint Eastwood has reportedly succeeded in receiving a default judgment against a CBD retailer for using his name and likeness to promote its products. In the suit, the Hollywood star claimed…
Intellectual PropertySummary dispositive procedures in patent infringement actions (by way of a motion for summary judgment or a motion for summary trial) have increased in popularity in the Federal Court of Canada over…