Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Bob Vaux is a partner and Co-Chair of the Corporate Securities Group at Goodmans. Bob also serves on the firm’s Compensation Committee.
Bob’s practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, including initial public offerings and follow-on financings, and contested governance matters, including proxy contests.
Bob represents a variety of public companies, private equity funds and high net worth families. He also regularly represents boards and special committees in connection with significant M&A transactions. He has developed a reputation for assisting in the structuring of novel and sophisticated transactions and dealing with complicated issues in a results-oriented manner.
Bob’s representative work includes acting for:
- Atlantic Power in connection with I Squared Capital’s agreement to acquire the company for US$961 million
- The Special Committee of Sagen (formerly Genworth) MI Canada in connection with the acquisition of Sagen by a consortium led by Brookfield Business Partners
- Special Committee of Kinder Morgan Canada in connection with Pembina Pipeline’s agreement to acquire Kinder Morgan Canada and the Cochin Pipeline for $4.35 billion
- Onex Corporation in its agreement to acquire all outstanding shares of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for $5 billion
- Altria Group in its $2.4 billion investment in Cronos Group
- Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2 billion
- Student Transportation Inc. in connection with its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ullico Inc.
- Spectra Energy Corp in its stock-for-stock merger transaction with Enbridge Inc. for approximately $37 billion
Bob is recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global and Chambers Canada, IFLR 1000, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and the Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A 2022. He was honoured as one of Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 in 2008.
Bob teaches at the University of Toronto as an adjunct professor.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (LL.B., Gold Medallist, 1995)
Law Society of Ontario