Brad Ross is a partner in and a head of a business law group at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction-based, with particular emphasis on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Brad often represents issuers, private companies and underwriters, with a focus on both public and private equity sponsored companies executing on aggressive growth strategies. Brad also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Brad is recognized as a leading lawyer in Canada by IFLR 1000, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and the Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A 2022.
Brad's representative work includes acting for:
- The issuer on numerous initial public offerings, including those by E Automotive Inc., Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc., Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., BSR REIT, Milestone Apartments REIT, Northstar Healthcare Inc. and The Brick Group
- The issuer on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc., Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc., BSR REIT and Park Lawn Corporation
- The underwriters on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., IBI Group Inc. and StorageVault Inc.
- Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, LLC in connection with the formation of The Harrison Street Canada Alternative Real Estate Fund
- The financial advisor in connection with IBI Group Inc.’s going private transaction
- Milestone Apartments REIT in connection with its going private transaction
- NorthWest International Healthcare Properties REIT in connection with its merger with NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT
- McCain Capital Partners Inc. on its acquisitions of Chair-man Mills Corp., Loungeworks Corporation, MacFarlands Event Rentals, Classic Fire Protection Inc. and Forest City Fire Protection Inc.
- Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc. on its acquisitions of Logistics Support Unit (LSU) Inc., T.F. Boyle Transportation, Inc., Skelton Canada Inc. and Skelton USA Inc.
- Keystone Capital Partners LP on its acquisition of Pinchin Ltd.
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. on its acquisition by Morneau Shepell Inc.
- GTCR and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the acquisition of Global Claims Services Inc., FanXchange Limited and Global Traffic Network, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity Inc. and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the sale of MMM Group Limited, acquisitions by and the sale of Logibec Inc., acquisitions and sale of Golf Town Canada Inc. and acquisitions by Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp.
- Birch Hill Equity Partners on various private equity transactions, including acquisitions by and the sale of Bluewave Energy Partners LP.
Awards & Recognition
The Legal 500 Canada Next Generation Partner, Capital Markets 2023
The Legal 500 Canada Next Generation Partner, Corporate and M&A 2023
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized: Corporate Law, Securities Law 2023
The Legal 500 Canada Next Generation Partner, Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions 2022
The Legal 500 Canada Next Generation Partner, Capital Markets 2022
IFLR1000 Canada Highly Regarded, Private Equity 2022
Brad is an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, where he teaches Case Studies in Business Enterprises. In 2019, he received the Osgoode Hall Law School Adjunct Faculty Teaching Award in recognition of teaching excellence.
- Western University, LL.B., 2003, with Distinction
- Mount Allison University, B.Comm., 2000
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
Call to Bar
CSA Announces Results of Continuous Disclosure Review for Fiscal Years 2021 and 2022 Emphasizing Challenges of Disclosure During Economic UncertaintyThe Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) recently published Staff Notice 51-364 (the “Staff Notice”), summarizing the results of its Continuous Disclosure Review Program for fiscal years…
Mergers and AcquisitionsCanada, like its neighbors to the south, experienced a record-breaking M&A environment in 2021. Transaction activity increased across the board, with significant growth particularly in the…
CSA Creates New Exemption to Allow Eligible Listed Public Companies to Issue Freely Tradable Securities Without Filing a ProspectusOn September 8, 2022, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) announced a new prospectus exemption aimed at streamlining the process for eligible listed public companies to raise small amounts of…
Capital MarketsOn April 14, 2022, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) published amendments to the Companion Policy to National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements that harmonize the…
Capital MarketsVirtual shareholder meetings have become ubiquitous for public companies since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. These meetings are typically conducted entirely virtually, in place of an in-person…
Capital MarketsReporting issuers in Canada are subject to governance standards and continuous disclosure obligations under securities laws and stock exchange rules. This Update discusses relevant governance and…
News & Events
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are pleased to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top tier recognition from The Legal 500 Canada in their 2023 Guide released today. Recognition from The Legal 500 is based on…
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are proud to announce Goodmans continues to be recognized by IFLR1000 in its annual guide. Recognition in IFLR1000 is based on a combination of in-depth qualitative research and…
Private Equity and Venture CapitalGoodmans is delighted to announce we have been recognized by the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada with 101 lawyers ranked across 41 practice areas.Congratulations to Dale H. Lastman, C…