Brad Ross is a partner in and a head of a business law group at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction-based, with particular emphasis on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Brad often represents issuers, private companies and underwriters, with a focus on both public and private equity sponsored companies executing on aggressive growth strategies. Brad also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Brad is recognized as a leading lawyer in Canada by IFLR1000, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and the Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A 2023.
Brad's representative work includes acting for:
- The issuer on numerous initial public offerings, including those by E Automotive Inc., Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc., Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., BSR REIT, Milestone Apartments REIT, Northstar Healthcare Inc. and The Brick Group
- The issuer on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc., Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc., BSR REIT and Park Lawn Corporation
- The underwriters on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., IBI Group Inc. and StorageVault Inc.
- Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, LLC in connection with the formation of The Harrison Street Canada Alternative Real Estate Fund
- The financial advisor in connection with IBI Group Inc.’s going private transaction
- Milestone Apartments REIT in connection with its going private transaction
- NorthWest International Healthcare Properties REIT in connection with its merger with NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT
- Michael Andlauer and his partners on the acquisition of the Ottawa Senators hockey club
- Michael Andlauer on the sale of his interest in the Montreal Canadiens hockey club
- McCain Capital Partners Inc. on its acquisitions of Chair-man Mills Corp., Loungeworks Corporation, MacFarlands Event Rentals, Higgins Event Rentals, Classic Fire Protection Inc. and Forest City Fire Protection Inc., Legacy Fire Protection, Photon Electric, and Integrated Fire Protection
- Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc. on its acquisitions of Logistics Support Unit (LSU) Inc., T.F. Boyle Transportation, Inc., Skelton Canada Inc. and Skelton USA Inc.
- Keystone Capital Partners LP on its acquisition of Pinchin Ltd.
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. on its acquisition by Morneau Shepell Inc.
- GTCR and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the acquisition of Global Claims Services Inc., FanXchange Limited and Global Traffic Network, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity Inc. and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the sale of MMM Group Limited, acquisitions by and the sale of Logibec Inc., acquisitions and sale of Golf Town Canada Inc. and acquisitions by Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp.
- Birch Hill Equity Partners on various private equity transactions, including acquisitions by and the sale of Bluewave Energy Partners LP.
Awards & Recognition
The Legal 500 Canada Next Generation Partner, Corporate and M&A 2024
The Legal 500 Canada Next Generation Partner, Capital Markets 2024
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognized, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities Law 2024
Who's Who Legal Recognized National Leader, Capital Markets 2023
IFLR1000 Canada Highly Regarded, Capital Markets: Equity, Private Equity, M&A, REIT 2023
Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A Canada's Leading Finance and M&A Lawyers 2023
Brad is an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, where he teaches Case Studies in Business Enterprises. In 2019, he received the Osgoode Hall Law School Adjunct Faculty Teaching Award in recognition of teaching excellence.
- Western University, LL.B., 2003, with Distinction
- Mount Allison University, B.Comm., 2000
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
Call to Bar
Canadian Securities Administrators Proposes Amendments and Changes to Corporate Governance Disclosure Practices and GuidelinesThe Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) has published for comment proposed amendments and changes to: (i) Form 58-101F1 Corporate Governance Disclosure (Form 58-101F1) of National Instrument…
Capital MarketsReporting issuers in Canada are subject to governance standards and continuous disclosure obligations under securities laws and stock exchange rules.From time to time, securities regulators, including…
TSX Proposes TSX Company Manual Amendments to Clarify When it Will Apply its Private Placement Rules to Prospectus OfferingsThe Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) has published for comment proposed amendments (the “Proposed Amendments”) to the TSX Company Manual (the “Manual”) that clarify when the TSX will apply its private…
CSA Announces Results of Continuous Disclosure Review for Fiscal Years 2021 and 2022 Emphasizing Challenges of Disclosure During Economic UncertaintyThe Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) recently published Staff Notice 51-364 (the “Staff Notice”), summarizing the results of its Continuous Disclosure Review Program for fiscal years…
Mergers and AcquisitionsCanada, like its neighbors to the south, experienced a record-breaking M&A environment in 2021. Transaction activity increased across the board, with significant growth particularly in the…
CSA Creates New Exemption to Allow Eligible Listed Public Companies to Issue Freely Tradable Securities Without Filing a ProspectusOn September 8, 2022, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) announced a new prospectus exemption aimed at streamlining the process for eligible listed public companies to raise small amounts of…
News & Events
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are pleased to share Goodmans lawyers have been recognized across Who's Who Legal's National Guide: Canada 2023. WWL National Guides identify national or regional leaders in a sector, industry…
Banking and Financial ServicesWe are pleased to announce Goodmans LLP has once again received top tier recognition from The Legal 500 Canada in their 2024 Guide released today. Recognition from The Legal 500 is based on…
Private Equity and Venture CapitalGoodmans is delighted to announce we have been recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada with 101 lawyers ranked across 41 practice areas.Congratulations to Harry Radomski…